Should I Rise Up Or Should I Fall ?


I want to rise up so badly, but sometimes I seem to fall. I don’t know why.
So, my question is this: should I rise strong, or is it okay to fall to the ground?

Is it okay to fall sometimes?

People tend to judge you when you fall. Why?

It’s because it’s a natural human reaction to something perceived as negative. Of course, we should rise up strong and be bold in facing challenges. However, I am not pressuring you to do that.

Let’s not forget that we are humans, after all.

We, as humans, do fall sometimes. We feel down and beaten up by society's expectations. In my personal opinion, try not to let society's expectations hinder you. Be yourself and stay true to who you are. You are more than those expectations!

Value yourself above all else, and don’t try to please others if it comes at the cost of your mental well-being.

My conclusion is this: you can rise up strong, but if you ever find yourself falling down, that’s okay. Try again. The important thing is that you don’t give up on yourself.

Thank you for reading this article!

Written by Jocelyn Ng Shu Yee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Identity

Self-harm

Journey to recovery